Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My email to Councilmembers Bortz and Cranley

Councilmembers Bortz and Cranley: I am a young professional who spends a large majority of my time downtown. I live and work downtown and I frequently attend restaurants, bars, clubs, and arts venues downtown as well. I am often the person recommended by my company, Procter & Gamble, to speak about the wonderful things going on in Cincinnati to new hires and recruits. I’ve committed to living in Cincinnati and making this my home.

Although, I’m originally from Cincinnati, I went to college in Washington, DC. At first I, like many of my friends wanted to get as far away from Cincinnati as possible. After spending four years in DC, I realized that Cincinnati had a lot of potential. I moved back to Cincinnati with the intent to help move it forward in whatever way possible. I've seen unbelievable progress over the last year or so. We’re just now beginning to live up to that potential and we need to continue in the right direction.

I’m counting on you and the rest of council to show leadership and ensure that there is no longer any delay on building the Banks.

I speak on behalf of the hundreds of young professionals in the Greater Cincinnati area and those who want our city to live up to its potential, ask that you vote in favor of breaking ground and making the Banks a reality and I humbly ask that you make it happen soon.

If there is anything that I can do to help this cause, don't hesitate to contact me. I stand ready to help.

Sean Parker
CincyPAC Founder
513-410-0796

No comments: